Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Me and the Creative Cronies...




Here are three of about 75 pictures that were snapped at Scrap Etc. event for your viewing pleasure. I will add a few more featuring me and my cool California roomy- plus the always zany Kelli Crowe and maybe a couple of others. But I kind of feel hoggish too. Like I want to protect and keep private some of the moments that I experienced as they were so meaningful to me and I don't want to trivialize their importance by sticking them up here for all to see. Now I get a small taste of what real-life celebrities feel like when their pictures are snapped and released to the media without their consent. And even though I am doing this more for me (and don't worry! I know I'm no big-shot, so you can spare the snide remarks in the comments already, okay?!), I just feel like there is a certain level of respect for all parties involved, and I am not going to be the person to taint other's reputations. That's that.
I apologize to those of you who come here looking for a daily dose of depth and insight to inspire you in your daily routine- but just play along here for another entry or two of my new-found "scraphappiness." What an amazing thing it was for me to be able to connect with people who look at life in a similar manner as myself. It gave validity to my creativity, thoughts, hopes and just plain made me feel good about who I am. Any concerns I had about the money I was spending on this trip and the time I would be away from family proved to be just me overthinking the whole scenerio. Those worries vanished from the moment the event began. I went. I had a great time. I got new ideas. I met new friends. I was inspired. I think that basically justifies my actions.
Today. More laundry, more unpacking and just doing what we all do at my house. Make messes, clean up, make more messes (which specifically includes baking a Rhubarb Cream Cake- dee-lish, may have to post picture of that cake and recipe too...), clean up and just enjoy life in all it's simple glory. Afterall, isn't that what makes life wonderful?!

6 comments:

CathyVal said...

So glad you had a great time! I will plan for the next one!! Everyone is giving such great fed back - I'm so sad I didn't go. Please do share your recipe for Rhubarb Cream Cake (& picture *smile*)- My mum makes this custard from England that we eat over Rhubarb pie but I haven't had one in years!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pics-glad you had a great and inspiring time at the event!!

Suzelle said...

awesome, awesome pix Jody !!!!

Valerie said...

so happy for you, that you had a great time! so sad for me that i couldn't go! lucky you!

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

yay Jody! woo hoo!
glad to see you get to have a blast!! great pictures! : )

manababies said...

What fun! Why is it that creative people always have such great hair.