Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Scrapping makes me happy.






















I was in the middle of making this 2-page layout when I started seeing links for Elsie's 1st challenge posted on different blogs and scrap sites. I tried posting this at a couple of places, but apparently I need to scale down my file size. SO, in the meantime, I thought I'd post it here first. For all my scrap-readers to view.
The "100 Things" torn bits are and green-dot paper are KI Memories. The other background page is DCWV retro prints pack, and the smaller sheet of paper is from Studio K. It's also from a multipack paper out right now.
I won't list all the 100 things that are swirling the pages, but #26 originally read 'cats'. Now, I don't hate cats; I'm just not really a cat-person. I do love Hello Kitty and I know some of the songs from the musical 'Cats'...but that's about it. Oh yeah. ANd once my siblings and I won a snow sculpture contest for making a huge Garfield out of the snow in our front yard. We even had it colored orange and black, with food coloring and water. We got our picture taken by it, we won $15 I think, and our family celebrated with a pizza party.
As for a couple of other details- I was asked about those Caribou coffee bars yesterday. Yep- they are in some grocery stores right now. I think Target carries them too. As for my own homemade latte...I do have a froth maker thing. But, usually I just brew my coffee a tad stronger, then I cool it and pour it over a generous splash of that CoffeeMate coconut (liquid) creamer, some skim milk, and lots of ice. Saves me about $3.oo a cup. I still get the Starbucks beans- so it tastes almost like the real deal. Nitty.Gritty. style. That's it for today. Catch you later!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, scrapping makes me happy too! LOL Aren't you GLAD you started? LOL

Anonymous said...

Just found your site through Carrie's blog and wow! I guess now I have one more blog to add to my daily list...I admire your faith. Keep on keeping on!

aimee said...

Love your layout!

Anonymous said...

love your layout!! so fabulous!!!!

Cris said...

After I got home from work I read your blog about how scrapbooking makes you happy and then you went on about cats and even mentioned Garfield (my all time favorite cartoon character, I might add). Then I went and checked my email and I get a Garfield comic sent to my email everyday and what I saw made me crack up laughing. Not so much because it was something laugh-out-loud funny, but because Garfield was talking about having a scrapbook. Talk about your major coincedences. LOL.

Here is the link if you'd like to check it out. It's the one for today, the 16th. :)

http://www.arcamax.com/garfield

linda t said...

you are the cutest thing...
thanks for the coconut latte info!

love the layout!

Jill said...

reading your blog today really touched me. I think I needed it, so thank you.

I found your blog thru carrie's, and I'm glad I did.

Jenny said...

Great Layout! I can't believe you haven't been scrapping since "sticker shock" was all the rage! Your family will definately have beautiful albums, and nothing you will cringe at when they look back :)

Desperately Seeking Gina said...

Just found your blog through the links of other scrapping blogs that I enjoy reading...have been reading your archives and just wanted to say that I admire your strength, perserverance, and faith, as these are all things that I am searching for each and every day. Atta Girl :)

Gina

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog. You are so inspiring. Hope all is well with you.