Friday, January 05, 2007

One more.

I tried. I gave my best effort and looked all through my hundreds and thousands of photos I have on file on my computer and yet failed to find one that I felt worthy of posting today. I could have posted one of my kids splashing in my inlaws pool this summer. Or of Bella getting ready to eat a piece of her Barbie cake. Or I could have picked one of my wedding photos...of Chip and I in the backyard garden, or just one of me in my gown. I could have shown you all the beautiful wrapped presents tucked under the tree a couple of weeks ago, or shown you the smiles on my kids faces while munching on snowmen marshmallows on-a-stick.
The lady responsible for pool and the garden and my wedding dress and yummy/pretty cakes and packages and treats?? My mother-in-law. Yes, today is Nitty.Gritty. mother-in-law's birthday! Love, hugs and kisses from Michigan...Happy birthday, Grandma Karen! She is the queen of sewing, gardening, making her grandkids happy and running the MN PTA board. =) Not to mention the Queen of shopping at Christmastime to make sure that everyone gets what they want.
I think next year we will get her a photo shoot...so that I have a great picture to post on my blog! =) And that about wraps up our holiday/birthday celebrations. For about 6 weeks anyway!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No picture is necessary at my age. Thank you for the very thoughtful Birthday tribute. All the things I have done for my family and friends have definitely been my pleasure.
P.S. Thank you Jody for not using that horrible picture of Teagan and I making gingerbread houses. Once was enough!(Teagan was really cute.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MIL Karen!!! you sure raised a good one with Chip!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grandma Karen!

Pictures are always necessary, even if it is only to pull them out on a "bad hair" day, only to see we have actually looked worse :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Karen! I hope it was an enjoyable one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grandma Karen!

It's funny how the ones "behind the scenes" always make the difference, huh?

gloria said...

i get that way too.
i feel like a picture a post is do-able most days...but there are times when i just haven't been behind the camera, and there really isn't anything i feel like sharing!
:P

Anonymous said...

Wow!! We have family Birthdays in common. My oldest dd way 16 yesterday and my ds was 13 today. Happy Birthday to your Grandma and to your little 6 year old too. :)

Anonymous said...

just saying hi! i don't comment much but i visit your blog a lot.. wyn looks so happy on her b-day! you guys are a beautiful family!!

Amy said...

Jody:

Your blog is an awesome testament of faith. My sweet friend, Kelle, told me about it today and I spent most of the evening reading it in between making chocolate milk, snacks, changing diapers, and watching Swiss Family Robinson! You are making me feel very inadequate that I don't get more things done, though! I will keep visiting and keeping up with your adventures!!