Thursday, July 26, 2007

Birthday wishes...










The best 5th birthday she could ask for happened yesterday. Bella was the center of attention, and surrounded by love, happiness and animals at the zoo. =)
I had to post these cake photos, namely because that cake was scrumptious and I wish you could all have a taste of it. I had planned on making some cupcakes, but Bella wanted Daddy 'to buy a double layer cake with blue frosting'. So he did. From the best local baker around. This cake was layered with Bavarian cream, and frosted with Buttercream. After tasting lots of cakes as a wedding coordinator, I can honestly say it was one of the best cakes I've ever had. Bella and everyone else agreed! Rich...but delicious just the same.
I just love the picture of Bella with her hands over her eyes. Just as she leaned forward to blow out her candles, I told her to "make a wish". She threw her hands over her eyes, and I can only imagine what went through her mind. She's not telling, but I'll bet she wished for the world in that single wish! SO cute. =) Then she blew out her candles, clapped her hands, and settled in while we re-lit the candles for the rest of the gang to take a turn at blowing them out. We're all about keeping it fun and fair for everyone. =)
The smiles, the laughter, the flavor of the cake...well, it made for one of the best birthdays we've ever had in our home. If happiness were tangible, I think you could have grabbed a handful of it in our place yesterday. It felt so good. I know Bella had a great day. I did miss Teagan from time to time...but I realized that nothing can take away from real joy- the kind we felt while celebrating Bells in our lives yesterday. There was simply enough to make up for any hurt I may have wanted to entertain.
I can't help but think that maybe Teagan was really in our midst- no matter if we could see her or not. Happiness flowed freely...and I know Teagan would have loved being in the middle of that! I am grateful for new memories, love and joy. I look forward to helping Bella's wishes come true. No matter how grand they may be. Happy 5th birthday and one day, Bella. You {and your siblings} are truly gifts to Daddy and me. All year long! Here's to more joy and celebrating...each and everyday.

11 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!!! that cake looksssssss soooooooo yummy!!!! With Cake everything is always special.. *Ü* Love the family photos.... thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day for your beautiful Bella! It sounds like there was alot of joy and happiness on her day! that's so wonderful!

Mixed Up Me said...

Happy Birthday, Bella Boo!! It looks like you had a spectacular day with family and fun> Here's to hoping all your DREAMS come true . . .

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bella....your mummy told us all about you and I just want to wish you all the blessings in the world....love Jo xx

Kate said...

Jody, you so ROCK. I'm quoting you on my blog tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday + one bella!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

jody - you always amaze me! your posts lately have been so inspiring! :) you truly have let GOD work in your life, your tragedy and your triumph! :) GOD has allowed you to love and reach others even at your time of pain. i was so thrilled to see your post to paige this morning. i can't imagine what that family is going through at this time - they sure need GOD's miracle! :) thanks for touching so many lives!
sheila
www.rickandsheila.blogspot.com

Sonja said...

Happy Birthday, Bella (a little late)!! 5 is so much fun:) It looks like Ava was ready for some cake, she couldn't even take her eyes off of it for the camera, but hey, cake is good, right?

Dena said...

What a cute birthday girl - that cake looks awesome and the party looked like it was FULL of LOVE!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Normally just a lurker, but I share the birthday with your daughter! I had one yummy cake too from Whole Foods!!

mary h. said...

Happy belated birthday, Bella!

Those pics are great! I especially love the one of the "boys".;)