Friday, September 28, 2007

My head is spinning...



By Friday afternoon, after going to kindergarten field trips, lunches, recess hours, helping with special art projects and then teaching my yearbook classes...it makes my head spin and I am ready for a nap.
What really happens though, is my head keeps spinning- thinking and planning out all the activities that I have to add to my 'to do' list, or simply trying to figure out how I can get everything done that I need/want to do. Then when I realize it's too much, I blog or do things not on my lists. =) So tomorrow I will be hanging out and scrapping and just having a great time with my SISter friends- new and 'old'. Nothing like taking one's mind off the tasks at hand in order to be renewed. That is my hope anyway. =)
The pictures here are just a few recent ones that have been ready to be blogged, but just didn't get posted. (Oops! I just noticed a couple of them have been posted already. See what I mean? I need a nap on Fridays!) Someone recently asked about my camera and my photography skills. I do not consider myself a good photographer. I take 1000's of lousy, blurry photos. I get a few good ones from time to time. Those photos I then play around with in a photo editing program...and sometimes they look better when I'm done with them. That's my secret. =) I have a Sony CyberShot DSC-R1. It is a 10.3 megapixel camera with a Carl Zeiss lens. I love it- even though I don't know how to properly use all the settings. I am learning as I go {slowly. Reading the manual would help, I know...you'd think since I'm a teacher now I would do stuff like "read the book"...but I haven't. You'd also think I would use proper grammer and sentence structure...but I don't. I like doing things my way. See previous post if you haven't already...it will shed some light on why I dont' read camera manuals.}
The first two pictures here I was fairly proud of- not just for the fact that my girls are looking at me, but because I didn't have to edit them much to get these results. The picture of all three of my girls together I posted for my friends and family. I know it would have melted some of their hearts to see my girls holding hands walking down the street together. Not too long ago, this picture was simply a "dream". It still makes my head spin to see Wyndham walking and keeping up with her sisters and classmates. She is adapting so well to school that really, despite the fact that I'm not the most 'comfortable' in classroom settings- especially those with small children- I can't help but be thrilled to be in Wyndham's room watching her learn and thrive. It's my daily witness to a miracle. I personally think miracles should really make everyones' heads spin. To me, they just never get old. =)
Here's wishing each of you the eyes to see and the ability to appreciate miracles in the world around you. Have a great weekend!

No comments: