Monday, October 01, 2007

How I spent my 'day off''...










Now is the perfect time for you to get in on some fun of your own over at the Scrap In Style TV website. Jeanette has just opened a ScrapInStyle Boutique and has a whole lot of fun and games and sales and challenges going on over there. I am so happy that I made the decision to find out what scrapping is all about. This part of my life is what brings me a lot of happiness and it has been the perfect 'release' for me from my 'regular routine' in life.
On Saturday, a group of us who knew each other through the SIS message boards and some of us who met for the first time ever, spent the day together. It blows me away that we had instant friendships blossom through something as crazy as scrapping. Throw in some food, feet photos, jumping around between layouts and a few goodies like paint, glitter, cupcakes, inside jokes, owls, good coffee and some glue dots, and you basically have a recipe for 'my perfect stress-free day'. =)
I can't tell you enough how good it feels- even if it meant waking early and getting to bed late and coming home to extra loads of laundry to get caught up on- to have some refreshing, relaxing free time. I really think that everyone in life needs some sort of outlet. Whether it is their own time reading books at local bookstore or library, window shopping, bike riding through your neighborhood and spying deer and fox, going to an NFL game, drawing, playing an instrument, baking or sewing, sitting on the beach or hiking through the mountains, I think it was all a part of God's design. It is good for people to 'play' and be creative and/or commune with nature or just be. I find it truly restores and revives one's soul to tap into that part of you that so often gets the back seat to the busy lifestyles so many of us lead.
I am happy to be connecting with new friends, while at the same time getting more in touch with my own source of happiness. It's a good thing. Even if it does mean paying for it with extra laundry in the end.
As for that Redi-whip poll in the upper-left corner of my blog...it's just my Nitty.Gritty. gig-of-the-week. Meijer has the cans priced "buy one, get one free" this week. I had no idea corporate America was so in touch with creating happiness in their customers, but they nailed it for me and my family this week. =) Let's just say this...the cans are 'good through Feb. 20, '08'. I think I bought enough whipped cream to keep us happy through mid-December. And to all my local readers....my apologies to you if your favorite flavor is extra-creamy. I cleared out the shelf for now. If Meijer really cares about your happiness, I would assume they will be restocking before the end of this week. =)
Really. Life is good when you can see it through eyes that seek simple pleasures...and a heart that is in tune with what you were created for...and for whom you were created. I love it when life is in tune.

13 comments:

Lizz said...

I stock up on whipped cream when it's on sale too! LOL We're "Original" lovers here... glad you had fun at your SIS crop! Can't wait til our next one in a few weeks! Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a super fun time! You SISers know how to party!

Anonymous said...

Aaawwww looks like so much fun! Life is really all about the little stuff, isn't it? Right noe i am listening to my baby on the monitor (not sleeping) talking in the cutest voice,"love you mommy, bess you mommy" that makes me smile. Sleep would be nice too.

Kara said...

awww!! what a fun day!!
jody-you and i are kindred spirits, you don't even want to know how many bottles of whipped cream we got through. we have one of these though....http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cw196/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C15%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cwhipped%20cream&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

pricey to start out with, but you just use 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 3 packets splenda (or sugar, whichever! ;) ), and a dash of vanilla. stir together, add into the container, twist top (very important), and add on 'charge' which makes the cream get all whippy.

yum!! ;)
always-
SISter kara{intx}

Sonja said...

Why do we rock sooooo hard? (Let's not do this on your daily poll, b/c I'm not so sure other would agree:) Sure hope Chip liked your new owl. Sonja

Anonymous said...

Love the photos Jody. I am really bummin' that I missed the crop.

And I TOTALLY agree with what you siad about everyone needing time to chill. I love that about scrapbooking and being with the girlfriends. It's so good.

So, will you be bringing Ready Whip to the next crop?

Greta said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! And, what you said about Saturday...you described it perfectly! I couldn't agree with you more about what a great release it is.

Amy raised a good question about the Ready Whip. Just imagine the photo opportunities...

Have a wonderful week! :)

CawfeeHowse said...

Oh! That was like the best day ever. I had such a great time meeting you and watching you eat cupcakes and jump. You're really nice for a huge celebrity! ;)

Erin

Jody said...

Erin~
You are too funny when you type "celebrity" here. I must have forgotten to tell you that I clean all the toilets and do the laundry and mow the grass on occasion PLUS scrub the floors every once in awhile.
That's not really what I picture when I think of a 'celebrity'. And I have to add, it was just as fun to meet you! You know I can't wait for your dream to start happening. Let's talk about designing your logo. {I'm serious!!}
See ya around...and I'm glad you had fun. =)
Sweetly~ Jody

Laura S. said...

So much fun!!!
glad you got to stock up on the whipped cream!!

Linda said...

Awesome post. Lucky you that you got to meet up with all those friends. Fun stuff...and you are right, we all need that once in a while. Thanks for the inspirational share.

Danielsmommy said...

HEY!!!
I know those feet..
BBBllliiiuuupppp!!!
What a great day...
~H

Anonymous said...

whipped cream! Now thats something I haven't had in a VERY long time :) and guess I don't have a chance now that you bought them out LOL.
LOVE that pinkish page with Wyndham...LOVE<--mhmmm...so cute. SUCH cute photos of you too! really like the last one with the hoodie on.