Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's normal.

I had an EKG today. Not exactly something I had penciled in on my to-do list. But then again, health concerns aren't ususally something we plan for in our schedules, are they?
Anyway, my heart has been racing but everything appears normal up to this point. I have plans to see another Dr. and do some more tests.'
In the meantime, I just wanted to leave a quick update. I really don't fear things like this, because really, most anything that could go wrong or be wrong would be out of my control. I'm a normally healthy person who cares about my health...so whatever this is- it just is.
I have the verses I posted here just a few posts ago to claim and to be confident of...and more. I place all my trust in God- and at times like this- even when there's no 'reason' for something to be wrong with my heart, I know that I can have peace. That's the beauty of trusting and having faith. Nothing shakes you. Thanks in advance for thoughts and prayers that I know some of you, my family, friends and blog friends will say for me. I sure hope it turns out to be normal. =)

ETA:
So far, so good. My heart rate is staying normal and there's nothing crazy going on right now. I'm not sure what the reason was for the elevated heart rate, but for now it's gone. I feel fine and I'm just going to watch for a short list of symptoms over the next few days. Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.
Funny thing.
I left the doctor's office with a clean bill of health and wanted so badly to go through Starbuck's drive though on the way home. But I didn't. When I got home I told Chip how everything had turned out and then we had to make dinner. I said to him, "I'm in the mood for a big, juicy cheeseburger and fries!".
He just rolled his eyes.
But it really DID sound good to me. I will be happy as I snuggle into my own bed tonight. I will be certain to thank God for caring about something so small- yet so big at times too. Like a normal heartrate.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You are in my prayers!

Sonja said...

aww, now I feel all guilty for trying to get you to come to a crop. I hope you get some rest and feel tip top.

Colby said...

Sending prayers your way. I just love your attitude about it all. Your faith is so inspiration. Much love.

Charin Adams said...

So glad it turned out ok! God has a way of working everything out :)
Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Lori said...

Thinking about you Jody and glad to hear that so far, so good!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you're ok! If it continues, you may want to ask about a holter monitor..you wear it for a few days and push the record button when you're experiencing the change in heart rate. Isn't it wonderful to know that God is in total control and knows exactly what's going on??? I'm so glad He does!