Saturday, March 22, 2008

Family fun...









We had a full day of fun today, starting with a trip to see Disney's High School Musical on Ice and then grabbing some deep-dish pizza for lunch. The kids loved the show and it was nice to just have all of us in one place happy and relaxing together. Well, I don't know that Grandpa John had a relaxing time- he had Ava on and off of his lap several times and helped her with her snacks and then had to get up at least 3 times from his spot in the booth for her to take potty breaks at the pizza place. =) But the rest of us had a good time. {He was a good sport...and not pictured here because his eyes were shut on both pics he was in. I'll work on getting a better photo tomorrow.}
Later on in the afternoon we colored our Easter eggs together. The most fun part of dying eggs for the kids was when they got to carry the cups of dye outside and dump them out in the snow. {We got about 4 fresh inches of snow the day before, so there was plenty of 'white canvas' to spray color on.} I think Ava would have put her new swimming suit on and stayed out for awhile if we had let her. She seems to think it's spring already, despite the snow and cold temps. Hopefully it will be here soon!
Here's wishing you and your family a Happy Easter.
May you feel the Joy of this special day in a very Real way and understand the magnitude of all God has done for you, through His son Jesus. I thank God everyday for His grace in my life. I thank Him for saving me even though I am a sinner and deserve nothing good as a result. I thank God that He made a way for me- for you- to be reconciled to Him and to have a Hope of everlasting life in Heaven. Someday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody,
I have never written anything to you before, but I have read your story and I "check in" every few days. I am a fellow scrapbook addict so I enjoy your creativity.
My little family consists of 5 miscarriage babies in heaven, 2 grown biological kiddos, and 2 precious China dolls ages 10 and 6 I am an older mom now and I see clearly the beauty and wisdom you possess and I wish you and your loved ones a beautiful day to meet, once again, the risen Christ.

Anonymous said...

Jody,

Happy Easter to you and your family as well. Your family is so precious. And I love the song "mighty to save" by Hillsong. Probably one of my favorite worship songs to date...and "Never Let go" by Matt Redman.

He is risen!

{Hilary} said...

HaPpY EaStEr Jody and FaMiLY!

Tabitha said...

Happy Easter to you and your family - from me and mine. I love keeping track of what you have been doing via your blog. My daughter is High School Musical mad and I am taking her to see the stage show (here in the UK), in May, it is a suprise, so she has no idea. You have a lovely family and you have been through so much, you are so strong and your faith is amazing.
With warmest wishes,
Tabitha X