Monday, June 01, 2009

Summer smiles



We're kicking off summer at our house today. It actually started when we walked in the door from our last 1/2 day of school on Friday. I snapped all these pictures just after everyone dropped their backpacks and locker contents inside the door and declared, "Hooray! We're on summer vacation!". We have had one family outing practicing our golf swings and putting at the driving range. We've had one movie (Madagascar) and popcorn night and look forward to more family fun like this.
Although this is the first official day of summer for our family we unfortunately didn't get to sleep in. Many of you are praying and following Wyndham's developments as she grows and learns, and you can be thinking of her today. She just left with Chip for an in-depth gait study, which is one of part of the process she will go through to help determine how her surgery will take place later this fall. It's a computerized procedure and shouldn't be painful in anyway. It's more time-consuming and not exactly how one wants to kick off their summer. But we managed to get up early and get her off to this appointment and she even had a smile as she headed out the door.
It's not always easy having medical issues, but they sure are easier to swallow when there are smiles all around. Thanks for caring about Wyndham and her challenges. Our family has been blessed by the support of not only our family and friends, but by many of you we may never meet. So thank you, from all of us as. We look forward to lots of fun and smiles this summer. And hopefully only the occasional medical procedure that disrupts the fun- but still is laced with smiles.
Happy summer to you and yours!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that all goes well with Wyndham today and that your family will enjoy many many summer smiles...:)

Anonymous said...

Wyndham will be on my prayer list and your whole family ...
enjoy your summer kick-off...hope it's warmer in your neck of the woods than it is in the U.P.! Love, hugs & Smiles from the chilly Upper Peninsula.

Laura

Michelle said...

I REALLY ENJOY READING YOUR POSTS. I HAVEN'T COMMENTED MUCH BUT I READ AND ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR HAPPINESS IN LIFE. YOU TRULY HAVE USED YOUR LIFE TO SHOW OTHERS THERE IS HAPPINESS EVEN THROUGH DIFFICULT JOURNEYS. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR WYNDHAM AND YOUR FAMILY TO HAVE A HAPPY SUMMER AND I LOOK FORWARD TO READING ABOUT IT ALL! :)

Kristin said...

Your family...as always...are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I also will pray for your daughter and the whole family today as I do quite often. We are having beautiful weather here in NJ!!!!But our "summer" doesn't start for another 2 weeks. Our school year runs from Sept till the middle of June. I LOVE your blog and I have been able to connect to so many other wonder blogs as well because of you.

Kelley said...

I can't wait for our summer break to begin. I have a lot of fun things planned for my 3 year old. I enjoy reading your blog. Your children are just precious!

mumameee said...

Enjoy Summer - it's the start of Winter here....cold days & the Winter blues!! Hope you get lots of sunny, warm days xo

Lisa & Gerald said...

Enjoy your summer...

Jennifer said...

i've been praying! hope the results from the testing is just what you need to hear!

Anonymous said...

Always keeping your sweet Wyndham in my prayers, as well as your whole family. Even though I don't personally know you Jody, I enjoy coming to your blog for inspiration and to see your work, your photographs, and to see how your sweet family are doing. I wish you well, always.