Monday, November 30, 2009

Did you feel the earth stop its spinning?


I think for a couple of months now I have had this guilty feeling that if I shirk my responsibilities for even a morning that the whole earth would come to a standstill. Well today I found out that it won't. Life goes on whether I scrap or do laundry or make beds or make lunches or skip a shower or any number of other things. I haven't taken the time to create and just play with my scrap stuff for quite awhile now and after following a link to a challenge blog- Butterfly Crafts- I thought it would be fun to play along and take on the challenge posted. I was having so much fun and not feeling the least bit guilty that I actually did two of their posted challenges.
One was a layout about which tv/movie actor you would want to be... my page is here. The other was to create something based on something that makes you happy. I scrapped a mini album about a whole bunch of things that I like right now- it was totally random and fun.
The best part is that I discovered that life kept spinning- even though I stopped and took some time for myself. I think it's something I may need to remind myself of more often. Especially as we enter this coming month and all the hustle and bustle that the Christmas season can bring to our lives. It's more important than ever to take time to be still and enjoy this time of year and make it meaningful instead of just full! I encourage you all to step back from your spinning world and do something that fills your heart- whatever that may be!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend too. It's always a great thing to reflect on our blessings- past, present and those yet to come too. Happy last day of November. =)

2 comments:

mmullenix said...

Very Cute! I think as Mom's we do feel like we carry the weight of the world and if we miss a beat it will all come crashing around us. In actuality, it will do so if we don't take some time for ourselves :)

Lauren said...

so so true Jody!!!

Hey, if you feel comfortable, do you think you could send me your home address??? :)