Thursday, March 04, 2010

Growing a belly.


Here is my official first belly picture of my pregnancy at 15 weeks. Which, by the way, where do the weeks go? In just a few more weeks we will have an ultra sound and decide if we want to find out if we're having a boy or girl. And just next month we'll be at the half-way point- and I tend to "go early", so that means we'll be over the half-way mark. Crazy how fast the weeks go by compared to the first time around. =) I don't plan to document and post my growth as often as last pregnancy, but it is fun to do occasional updates for my friends and family who won't see me for the duration.
I am finally feeling a bit of energy come back and have for the most part, put the nausea behind me. Thank goodness! I was thinking that the queasy feeling might never end! I also have been trying to watch my calorie intake as I feel like I am going to be very big at the end of this nine months. But, I can tell you that I indulged on something worth every calorie and delicious bite last week. You know we were having a rough week with Wyndham being sick and the rest of us just barely recovered from a month-long of colds and stomach bugs. Anyway, Chip and I had the rare opportunity to grab a quick breakfast together and at a local cafe, much to my delight, there was a new item on the menu. Carrot, Oat and Nut Pancakes topped with a dollop of Cream Cheese spread. When they were placed in front of me I couldn't have been happier. Two plate-sized pancakes filled of shredded carrots, sugared pecans and oats. They were so delectible and if I had been blindfolded I would have thought I was eating carrot cake for breakfast! I think it was one of the top 3 breakfasts I have ever eaten in my life. Yum! {The other two were: Room-service breakfast when we were put up at the Omni Hotel as guests of the Oprah Show... I had Vanilla Bean French Toast with a side of pears. The other was on our honeymoon in Kauai- Macadamian Nut Waffles with Coconut Syrup and fresh ground Kona coffee and cream. The fresh air as we sat near the beach was the perfect setting for such a meal too!} Okay. Back to real life. =)
I did find a recipe online for Carrot Cake Pancakes and I vow to try to make my own at home soon. I also came across this amazing-looking recipe from the blog Abbey Goes design scouting for Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies {the photo above is credited to her}. I figure if I am going to be growing a big belly, I might as well have a little fun with it along the way. Right?! If you happen to have any other fabulous carrot cake recipes, feel free to link me up here. I am more than happy to try them out, or at least dream about how they might taste. Maybe having a big belly isn't such a bad thing afterall! =)

6 comments:

Jody said...

Here's another recipe that looks delicious too! I can't help but share the love:
http://www.nutritiousfoodie.com/2010/02/carrot-cake-pancakes/

Renee said...

Below is the link for the BEST carrot cake I have ever had or made... and it's not too difficult. Stuffed full of pumpkin, pineapple, coconut and of course carrots, it has to be good for you, right? And the cream cheese icing has orange juice and zest, which makes it a complete meal!

Bread - cake
Fruit - Pumpkin, Pineapple, Orange
Veggies - Carrots
Protein - Cheese

You could have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner! ;o)

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32510

Heather said...

Beautiful belly! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby, you look great! Can't wait to hear what you name him/her! All your kids have the cutest names!
Carley

Alex said...

JODI!! How the heck did I miss that you are expecting again?? Congrats! (I am waaaayyyyyy behind on my reader!)

Anonymous said...

You look adorable. As. Always.
Blessings and prayers for a wonderful rest-of-pregnancy!!