Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Time for a little break...


I guess I didn't realize how long it's really been since I've popped in here and said hello. It's not like I don't have things to blog about- I do- but more that I never have a chance to get free time to do so! I sometimes feel like I am living the real-life version of the movie, Groundhog's Day. You know where each day is the same as the one before it?! With the winter dragging on here in Michigan and with three of my kids demanding diaper changes and near constant attention- not to mention packing lunches and getting in baths and daily routine stuff- it can feel like all I do is the same thing day in and day out! Which isn't the worst thing to have happen in life. I'm the first to tell you how much I like ordinary days. BUT, I do have to say I enjoy a little time to create, to play, to have fun, to not have to just fold laundry =), and to just get a chance to do something different once in awhile.
After a snow day due to the big national blizzard last week I decided I needed a little something so I signed up to do a Valentine card swap that I found on the Pink Couch blog. Sometimes I just need to force myself into doing something creative and crafty- for no real reason except for a break from routine. I made the card you see above and Crew did some coloring and cutting next to me while I made it.
Wyndham is still almost 100% of the time in her wheelchair. She does physical therapy a couple of times per week, but it has been slow going for her to get back strength and more so is her lack of desire to push herself a little harder this time around. We're hoping with more sunshine and springtime in the near future that it will boost her energy and desire to get back on her feet. Thanks to many of you who keep praying for her. We are all anxious to see her get some independence back!
I hope that I will be able to get back to posting more regularly too. I've missed writing {and thinking!} and sharing thoughts and hearing yours too. I am in need of finding more balance in life and taking more breaks that actually refill my heart, mind and soul. If you have a great tip or suggestion on how you recharge your life I'd love to hear it! Happy Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

BT Laurie said...

I'm still praying for you and Wyndham in particular.
I find getting out for a short walk is a real sanity saver for me!

Unknown said...

Hey Jody!

I was wondering if I could send a little card to Wyndham? It's ok if you don't feel comfortable with it, but if so, go ahead & email me w/ your address. :) I'd love to send her a little something.

Rachel said...

Jody
I so get you on the groundhog day thing and I only have 3 kids and 1 in diapers so I can't even imagine your crazy busy (sometimes smelly haha) days.
I recently came across a new book by Ann Voskamp about finding God in the ordinary mundane things of daily life. Check out this life changing video about the theme of the book it is life changing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhOUaszMGvQ (and only 4 minutes) Here is on one of her many encouraging blog posts http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/04/what-to-do-when-you-want-to-give-up-and/
Praying for you to have renewed strength to look for the blessings in the struggles.
Hugs and Prayers
Rachel in TN

Anonymous said...

Every time I checked your blog and found nothing new, I knew you were just too busy. You have so many balls in the air, I'm surprised you find the time when you drop a note - but it is so rewarding. It helps to know what to pray for specifically. Wyndham is such a gem, and you are an inspiring family. Jody, you are doing a wonderful job! May God bless you all.

Karey said...

That's funny you should show up today, cause I was going to leave a comment. Jody, Jody where for art thou Jody?
I was in the same exchange. My card is shown on this blog http://myartsycraftybrain.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-got-my-card.html. Would have been special if I had been paired with you.

Tara Anderson said...

Your Valentine card is beautiful Jody!! I feel like I need to challenge myself sometimes in order to create something.

I remember you from SIS, you had Crew just a week before I had my little Chase!! :) Congrats on your newest little bundle, Teague looks to be quite the little cutie!!