Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas recap and a little merry & bright scrap!







 
Merry two days after Christmas, everyone! I hope you have enjoyed or are still enjoying this extra special time of year! My family and I have had a quiet, cozy first Christmas in our home here in Michigan. There was lot of snow and cold outside, but we have found ways to stay warm, busy and have full tummies inside! From Santa brunches, to my birthday to Christmas services and chocolate soufflés, it has been a pretty great time together. We sure miss being with others and sharing these moments with family and friends, but we are grateful for our home, our health and all the other undeserved blessings we have received this year.
Our tree was cut by Chip, Brock and Ava and although it's an 11-ft Frasier Fir {for only $25!}, it almost feels too small for our living room space. We definitely thank God for the home He opened the doors for us to move into and even as we are finishing off a bedroom and bathroom in our downstairs and have had some frustrations with that project, we know that this place is a real gift for all of us.
I have a mini tour of my scrap space on the Cocoa Daisy blog if you enjoy seeing where I create and scrap in my free time. I have sort of liked the slow pace of just the 8 of us being here for Christmas because I have been able to make several cards to send to friends, and I just loved the January Cocoa Daisy kit~ "Blueprint", which debuts live tomorrow night at www.cocoadaisy.com at 9pm eastern time. It is always so fun to see the layouts and projects that my friends on the design team create too. They always inspire me and the kits that Christine puts together each month are just so full of great things that fuel the creativity in all of us! I feel so lucky to be on the team at Cocoa Daisy and I am looking forward to lots of fun memories to be made AND to be scrapped in the coming year too! Merry Christmas and all the best to each of you who still stop by here and read the slim posts at Nitty.Gritty. This next year could be the year I get back to blogging like I used too!

1 comment:

Nuts in a Tree said...

Merry Christmas...a few days late here...and wishing you a Happy New Year! Love to find the time to check in and get some inspiration from one of my fave bloggers. Congrats on the new home. Blessings to you all!

Rhonda :)